Sunday, February 6, 2011

Busy busy...

This week was very busy with a couple of things. Basketball, visiting teaching, cooking dinner, and re-doing the family room. I threw cooking dinner in there because anyone who knows me knows I don't cook very often beyond chicken nuggets. However we set a goal not to eat out at all this week and to cook dinners. This also included work so I brought my lunch every day. And we met our goal. I'm so proud!! James started the week off pretty sick. Sunday he started with a fever and it lasted until Tuesday night coupled with a sore throat. Poor kid...didn't eat much but he did enjoy the gatorade and pina colada sobe. I also started the week off thinking I would paint all the walls in the family room blue. I quickly changed my mind after I got the samples up on the walls. It looked like a disney play house. So I think now I'll do one wall a very light blue and find a different, more conservative color for the other walls. Of course I'll post pictures once it is finished. I didn't realize how boring that room was until I started adding colors to it.
I also wanted to share an epiphany I had this week. I was driving to work one morning and just started crying as I was thinking about how cheated in love I felt. I have loved a couple of men so deeply and felt so cheated because that same love was not felt in return. My thought was I just wanted a man who loves and cares about James and I and will ALWAYS be there. What made me cry was when I realized that I already have that. Heavenly Father is the one man in my life that will never leave, that always loves me no matter what, never judges and truly cares about me and what happens to me and that I'm happy and the list goes on. It's not the same as having an earthly companion that can be here physically, but he's got all the attributes I need to not feel alone. He not only meets but exceeds my needs. As I took the sacrament today, I even thought of how he sacrificed his only son for me. I still long for that earthly companion that feels that way about me, but as I start a new week I feel rejuvinated and ready to go through another week with Heavenly Father on my side.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie, Read your last entrance and gained inspiration for myself this week. It feels as if you are feeling your cup full of great attitudes, spiritual soundness and confidence. Awesome progress. Now just keep feeling up your cup. I am confident that one day your full cup with be splattered with lots of sweet whipcream that will bring you joy and happiness as well as giving joy and happiness. You are an inspiration to me. love mom

    ReplyDelete